Thursday, 17 November 2011

Raving the Third: A Hum

With apologies to all who have read this already...

A Hum…… by Richard

I’d rather be a Tigger than an Eeyore,
I’d rather have a smile upon my face,
I’d rather dance and sing,
I’d rather bounce and spring
Than make my head another gloomy place.

I’d rather play at Pooh Sticks on the river,
I’d rather hunt a woozle on the prowl,
I’d rather ask and ponder,
I’d rather seek and wonder,
I’d rather be a Piglet than an Owl.

I’d rather just ignore the slings and arrows,
I’d rather just pretend that life was grand.
I’d rather hum a hum,
I’d rather just keep mum,
I’d rather put my head beneath the sand.

But Tigger cannot see a glass half-empty,
And Eeyore cannot see a glass half-full:
So neither has it right;
Both disaster and delight
Exert an equal heffalumpine pull.

Still,

I’d rather be a Tigger than an Eeyore,
I’d rather choose to smile and not to frown.
I’d rather skip and pounce,
So it’s time to find my bounce:
I’ll focus the up, and not the down.

No comments:

Post a Comment